Once you have set up a system and start getting people to give you their email address — it could be on a squeeze page or on your blog page or however you do it — you are going to start to collect a LOT of email addresses. You will get so many, in fact, that it is going to be nearly impossible for you to manage them manually.
You don’t have time to spend hours every day replying to email yourself, so what do you do? What You need is an automated program to do it for you! What you need is an autoresponder.
An autoresponder is a program that automatically handles much of the administrative duties of maintaining your email marketing campaign.
Autoresponders will send out your email blasts to the people on your list, capture email addresses from prospects responding to your squeeze pages, distribute your free giveaways, and collect valuable data you can use to measure the success of your marketing plan.
Autoresponders can be programmed to send out a series of emails to the people on your list or to send emails only to pre-determined subsets of people, all based on a frequency and schedule that you control. You also can set up your autoresponder so that it flags addresses after a certain number of failed delivery attempts. This is helpful in cleaning up your list and keeping it up to date.
Automating Your Autoresponder
Most autoresponders also include the option to automatically insert your customer’s name in the body of the email. This makes it seem like you are personally sending the email to our individual subscribers.
Depending on the sophistication of your autoresponder, you can obtain a lot of data about the effectiveness of your email marketing program. Every program will tell you how many emails were successful sent, but more sophisticated autoresponders also can give you analytics on such things as:
- How many of your customers actually opened your email
- How many acted on your CTA and clicked through to your landing page
- How many deleted your email without reading it
- How many were sent to dead addresses
- How long it took between the time the email arrived and the time it was opened or deleted
- Other relevant information that is going to be helpful to you in fine-tuning your email marketing campaign.
Patterns will quickly emerge that tell you what types of emails your customers liked, and which ones turn them off.
Making the Most of Your Autoresponder
- Use your autoresponder to send out emails according to a specific schedule that you determine in advance.
- Handle the distribution of an email series according to pre-defined parameters
- Respond to emails from customers
- Send out digital products
- Automatically follow up with customers to check for satisfaction and ensure continued good faith business with them
- And much, much more
For the online marketer, autoresponders aren’t a luxury. They are a necessity. There is simply too much to do for you to handle it all. Rather than paying somebody else, such as a freelancer, to handle it for you, hand it off to your autoresponder.
Making your autoresponder work for you will help give you more time to focus on more important aspects of your online marketing business. If you’d like to have access to even more powerful marketing tips, as well as a way to generate conversion-ready Internet marketing prospects each month, click here to learn about my done-for-you system.